Varicose veins don’t just affect you…they affect everyone around you too. If you let them, they will steal your life and keep you from doing things with your spouse, your friends, your children, and your grandchildren. If you think you’re managing your varicose veins, consider this: If you have to think about how far something is, how far you’ll have to walk or how long you will be on your feet before you decide to go, it’s time to get your varicose veins treated. They are keeping you from enjoying your life! Think about all of the fun things you’re not doing because of leg pain. Why are you waiting? Don’t let your varicose veins steal another minute from your day! Here are the classic signs and symptoms of varicose veins.
Symptoms of Varicose Vein Disease
- Bulging varicose veins or
- Smaller visible veins
- Dull aching and throbbing in the legs, worsening as the day goes on
- Swelling of the legs, ankles and/or feet, throughout the day (look for sock lines)
- Tired/heavy legs
- Itching of the legs
- Severe dry skin, often requiring excessive lotion
- Restless legs, trouble falling asleep because you can’t get your legs comfortable
- Severe cramps or Charley horses in the middle of the night
- Skin darkening and hardening or brownish spots over the shin
- Excessive bruising or bleeding from incidental bumps
- Scratches/cuts taking long amounts of time to heal
- Intermittent redness and swelling over varicose veins (thrombophlebitis)
- Skin breakdown (venous ulcers)
Many Choices for Varicose Vein Treatment
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, come see us! Whether you see us or someone else, have a professional look at your legs and explain all of your options. We have many choices for varicose vein treatment. Most involve no or very little discomfort. Make an appointment and Dr. Barbieri will help you choose the best procedure for you.
Varicose Vein Treatment Is Usually Covered by Insurance
Most varicose vein treatment is covered by insurance, so make an appointment and we can help you by contacting your insurance company and helping you see what’s covered. Life is too short to live in pain. Let the Vein Clinic of Greater Kansas City help. Varicose vein treatment is an easy fix with minimal downtime, so make your appointment today! If you don’t do it for yourself, do it for your loved ones.